Thursday, June 24, 2010

Had to Put Lily Down Today... Sigh


I'm pretty bummed about it. She was a sweet girl we rescued from the pound four years ago. Lily was eight when we adopted her and was always such a good dog. She wasn't super playful, but had a very nice and gentle spirit. When my son was born, she was always nice and patient with him... even when he learned to walk and chased her around the house.

She had been sick for some time and had lost almost half her body weight over the past year. She got sick in the house late last night and we knew it was time to put her down. I stayed in the room with her, which was very sad, but I'm happy I could kiss her snout as she went down.

RIP Lily. You were a good dog and a good family member. We will miss you.

No comments: