I saw something recently that I found pretty funny. The media is so good at taking people's words in interviews out of context, that they've made the some of the world's best public speakers sound like George W. But we all know that taking statements out of context is pretty unethical and just plain wrong (though it happens all the time).
But what about the reverse of that. What about taking statements our of context to make someone (or themselves) sounds better? Watch this and tell me what you think.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


2 comments:
I'm not sure what to say about the video, but I have a funny story about quoting out of context. The store I work in was robbed a few weeks ago. (I work in a Christian bookstore, by the way...) My night manager....well, he basically beat the crap out of the robber. Anyway, when the news people came he told them that he wasn't trying to hurt the guy, but if he had gotten hold of him, he would have tried to lead him to the Lord, because he's obviously lost. Well, when we read the papers the next day, there's a quote that says "I wasn't trying to hurt the guy, but if I would have gotten hold of him, I would have sent him straight to the Lord."
Now...that's quite different. We had customers complaining for days.
I guess I am not suprised at all. Some aid probably screwed him over. I would be more suprised if the elections got here and someone ran a "trick" free campaign.
Post a Comment