Wednesday, September 10, 2008

David Foster Wallace on Politics

Kevo and I are reading David Foster Wallace's Oblivion. I haven't had a chance to talk about it yet with him, but I think its a pretty interesting piece of literature. I am about 1/3 of the way through it. The book is a collection of short stories and where Wallace flexes his literary muscles. He can be a little difficult to read at times (his first story has one sentence that is three pages long which features more hyphens, semi-colons, parentheses, and ellipsis than a badly written freshman creative writing paper).

Anyways, I am telling you this because I just read a great little interview question (from Dave Eggers) to Wallace about his political coverage of McCain in 2000. Wallace has some pretty interesting things to say about politics and you can read them here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was literally the best answer to that question i've ever read in my life. Terrific.