
This is a picture of the city hall for which Palin was mayor. Sorta looks like a Dairy Queen-knock-off drive thru to me, but that is besides the point. Why is that besides the point you ask? Well, let me tell you.
I do not think that people who support Obama need to focus Palin's lack of experience. After all, Obama's freshness to the political scene is part of what makes him appealing. (Though, I'd like to point out that it is pretty obvious that Obama's experience trumps Palin's all day). But the point here is that we don't need to focus on this. Lets talk issues.
1. In an interview with Newsmax.com's Mike Coppock, Palin states that she doesn't believe that global warming is man-made. Whoooah, for real?
2. She loves the ear-marks... er, she was for them, ah... before she was against them.
3. She attempted to ban books from the local library. Similar to totalitarian societies and Fahrenheit 541.
4. She cut funding for teen mother's rehabilitation programs. As someone who is so staunchly pro-life, I expect (and you should too) that she would be in support of programs that help those who have unwanted or teenage pregnancies. But alas, she says 'not so much.'
5. She got her passport (and therefore was able to travel outside the country) for the first time one and a half years ago. She has been to Ireland (on a refueling stop over only), Germany, and Kuwait. You may not think that this is a big deal, but to have a V.P. who has only traveled two (she claims three, but come on, she was in an airport) countries is pretty ridiculous.
6. She supports shooting wolves... from airplanes! Now, I am not a hunter, nor to I pretend to know much about wildlife control, but I think we can all agree that allowing people to shoot wolves from airplanes violates federal law... not to mention COMMON SENSE!
7. She supports abstinence ONLY sex-education. Which as proven time and time again to not work. I'm all for telling kids to abstain from having sex (and I agree that its the only 100% guaranteed birth control), but if they are going to have sex, why not teach them to do it as safely as possible?
All this to say, to slam her because of lack of experience is really missing the point. The point is: she is a terrible pick for VP simply because of her ridiculous stances on issues.


1 comment:
I think, above and beyond all the details, which you've done a nice job of collecting...is that she's from Alaska. Don't get me wrong, i love Alaska, but people that live there, people that make their livings there operate on such an enourmously different plane of existence than the rest of us. The smaller towns are essentially villages where people still hunt large animals for the food that they need to survive the winter. I shit you not. Every Alaskan citizen can kill like 10 caribou a year for food. They don't need a tag. I've seen it done, in person.
If she was the mayor of a 2,000 person town in Ohio it would be a completely different story. Alaska is a different planet. I cannot even believe we're having the discussion to begin with. It's terrifying.
Post a Comment