I'm sure by now you've heard of the birther movement and how effing stupid it is. But what's truly scary is that I've personally spoken to people who I view as intelligent (in most instances) who are skeptical of Obama's birth place*. I do believe that we need to put this issue to rest, but I don't think the media is doing a good job of doing that... at least not in this example:
The reporters come off just as crazy as the birther lady. They would have been much better taking it down a nouch and let her dig herself in a hole. Instead they immediately go on the offensive and end up sounding a bit ridiculous.
*"A whopping 58 percent of Republicans either think Barack Obama wasn't born in the US (28 percent) or aren't sure (30 percent). A mere 42 percent think he was." [source]
Oh, and in case you haven't heard, the movement has now produced a Kenyan birth certificate. [Love this line: "Oddly, the same people who are so skeptical of Obama's Hawaii birth certificate are willing to accept this new document despite many flaws..."]
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
Wow! They need to send that lady to saturday night live! That was unreal!
Post a Comment