I saw a total of 34 films released in 2009. Obviously being a new father means that I can't watch as many movies as I'd like, but I feel like I still got to see some really, really good flicks. All the movies I watched are either on this list or my previous non-top 21 post. So if you don't see a film on either list it means I didn't get a chance to see it yet.
N.K's Top 21 of 2009

1. Goodbye Solo, (dir. by Ramin Bahrani)
2. Inglourious Basterds, (dir. by Quentin Tarantino)
3. Sin Nombre, (dir. by Cary Joji Fukunaga)
4. Away We Go, (dir. by Sam Mendes)
5. Big Fan, (dir. by Robert D. Siegel)
6. Into Temptation, (dir. by Patrick Coyle)
7. Up, (dir. by Pete Docter)
8. I Love You Man, (dir. by John Hamburg)
9. (500) Days of Summer, (dir. by Marc Webb)
10. Where the Wild Things Are, (dir. by Spike Jones)
11. Zombieland, (dir. by Ruben Fleischer)
12. Adventureland, (dir. by Greg Mottola)
13. World's Greatest Dad, (dir. by Bobcat Goldthwait)
14. The Hangover, (dir. by Todd Phillips)
15. District 9, (dir. by Neill Blomkamp)
16. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, (dir. by Werner Herzog)
17. Sunshine Cleaning, (dir. by Christine Jeffs)






2 comments:
love your inclusion of big fan and world's greatest dad. loved that inglourious was so close to the top.
wholeheartedly disagree with your inclusion of away we go and brothers bloom on this list.
i read your blog about away we go months ago, and even though you said it hit you personally, I still think it was sam mendes showing yet again that he is incapable of subtlety. it was an example of a high profile director saying "hey, i wanna make my indie film, complete with an indie acoustic soundtrack, weird and quirky characters, and some post modern overarching theme." then, he shoved the theme down our throat and half of the quirky characters never came across as more than simply a caricature.
i still need to see goodbye solo, and sin nombre. thanks for not including avatar.
check out my list and see that there are some similarities.
I sincerely recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox. I just watched it and loved it.
Post a Comment