So, because of this, I can no longer do Wednesday Morning Bike ride tunes report for while. By the way, I am starting physical therapy today and I have a MRI this week on my knee and hip. Damn.
So in lieu the bike riding tunes, I am going to be talking about three things each week. What I am watching, reading, and listening to. This may be extremely redundant for some of you because I'm sure we watch/read/listen to are very similar. But I thought it still might be fun, and having a weekly thing I need to update helps me blog more often.
So with out further ado, here you go:
Watch: I have mentioned before that I have been watching some 9/11 documentaries. If you get a chance, please go watch Loose Change, Painful Deceptions, or 9/11: The Press for the Truth. I would be interested to see if you would be as confused, upset, worried as I am.
Read: I am almost done with "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. Historical. If you haven't read this book or heard of Sedaris, you need to make it happen right away. I'm pretty stoked because he is coming to Bend next month, so the wife and Cole and Amy, Ron and Erin, and maybe some other friends will go see him. Should be good. He is playing in Tucson, so if you feel like driving, maybe my AZ friends see him too.
Listen: So, I got some new speakers for my classroom at a garage sale for $5. Pretty stoked. I've been playing tons of music to my students while they are working and in between classes, which is cool. The band I am currently really excited about is Air. They are a French duo, who play an eclectic mix of electronic inspired music. Very experimental, but extremely listenable. I have "Walkie Talkie" and "Pocket Symphony" thanks to Kevin. Top tracks: "Alpha Beta Gaga" and "One Hell of a Party."
Let me know in the contacts what you think of my picks.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


3 comments:
I've seen Loose Change and the others and yes, they're psychotic. I've also read and seen the responses to these theories and those are equally as logical...bottom line, i have no idea what to think. Although, yesterday i was sent a bunch of pictures through email about 9-11 and to look at those buildings burning, it's like the top 1/6th of the building...hard to believe that they could both collapse the way they did.
I read "Me Talk Pretty..." recently as well. It was entertaining, although i'm not sure what i took from it in the long run...interested to see what you think.
Heard a lot of good stuff about Air as well, haven't listened yet.
Watch Screw Loose Change. It counters Loose Change, AND gives your URLs to site their sources.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssNcZkHVw8
I read your reading/listening/watching entries and I’ve got some thoughts:
- I also like watching all of the 911 documentaries and conspiracy theories, however one of my ultraconservative friends hates when I do this and he sent me these websites the other day that refute a lot of the theories. http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?pag & http://911research.wtc7.net/reviews/loose_change/pentagon.html Pretty interesting rebuttals. Kind of lets you see both sides and figure out for yourself what you think is legit or not. I’m not going to lie the whole Pentagon stuff really makes me skeptical and the “debunking” doesn’t really change my mind on it.
- Love Sedaris, especially Me Talk Pretty Someday
- Air, pretty good stuff, I have Pocket Symphony and Moon Safari (plus random songs from other albums like Playground love – which is great and ends up on a lot of mixes I make for people.) I saw them at Coachella and it was actually more fun seeing all the electronica kids dancing in a trance.
Post a Comment