Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ouch


I got a new bike two days ago off of Craig's List. I was pretty stoked on it and wanted to ride it everywhere. So on my way to school yesterday, I was signaling that I was turning left with my left hand and looking over my shoulder to make sure that I could turn (all the while pedaling as hard as I could, probably doing like 20-25 mph) when my front tire hit a rock. I flipped way over my handle bars landing directly on my shoulder. I was bleeding from my knee, hip, elbow, an shoulder and could not move my right arm at all. A really nice lady stopped and gave me and my bike a ride to the hospital. I was in serious pain. So bad that I throw up in my mouth, almost fainted, and was shaking crazily.

Finally they gave me a shot in my butt for the pain and took some x-rays. The x-rays showed that I have two large fractures on the ball bone of my shoulder. As of now, there is nothing they can do but give me some pain pills. So, I am in a sling, awaiting my appointment with the shoulder specialists. Lame, huh? And, pain meds aside, it still really hurts.

Here is a picture of my road rash around my arm and pit. Ugh.

4 comments:

Adam W said...

Dude. Brutal.

Anonymous said...

Wow man. I am so glad you are alright. I am so bummed no one was tape recording you.

bpddjeoomon said...

I fell out of a truck going 30 last year. I know how you feel.

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

I just llooked at the picture again and realized it is a heart. That is so cute.