Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Traveling is Awesome, Most People Are Not

We are back, and I can't sleep. Its 2 am, I've been up since 11 pm, and I went to bed at 5 pm. Ugh.

This post is dedicated to everyone who has ever traveled and been annoyed with rude, inconsiderate people who think that they are the only people in the world.

First off, flying. When you are walking through the airport security, please know that you can't have liquids unless they are in a 3 oz container inside a plastic baggy. Its only been this way for about two years now, so if you don't know that, I understand. But I don't understand people who don't know that they have to take off things like their belt. I mean, when you go through a metal detector you have to take off metal things, such as a belt, watch, or glasses. Why do people not know this? I always end up behind the guy who forgets to take off all of his stuff. First, he goes through with everything on... wait, wait, no I forgot, first he doesn't take off his shoes, gets yelled at by the grumpy TSA guy with rubber gloves, takes off his shoes, then he goes through the metal detector. Naturally, it beeps because he has a grip of metal on his person. Surprised, he walks back through the detecting arch way, and tries to figure out what set off the machine. Everyone behind him (including myself) is freaking out, ready to flip. He slowly takes of his belt, walks back through... yeah, you can guess who this goes.

Also, what's with the baggage claim? People are always rushing to get to the front of the claim and then stand there, like an idiot, blocking everyone from getting their bags, waiting for their own bag to come out. People... please stand back and allow everyone room to get their bag when it comes around. Do not crowed up front! You are rude and thoughtless if you do this. The system would work much better if everyone stood, I don't know, maybe three or four feet back and gave room for everyone to come up and get their bags when it comes out of the shoot.

Moving on, what is with people trying to get off the plane super fast as soon as it lands. The seat belt light goes off and they dart up and run forward like three rows. Then, inevitably, someone else stands up in front of them and they are stuck waiting like everyone else, except because of their rudeness they are like two maybe three rows up than they were when they started.

Lastly, line standing. Why do people standing in line think that by standing closer to the person in front of them they will reach the end of the line faster? Wrong. So instead, lets be comfortable, and please do not stand so close to me that I can tell when you had for lunch and the last time you took a shower.

Ugh. People who are rude infuriate me. Please don't be rude.

No comments: