So this shoulder injury is super annoying. Basically, I have my right arm (yes, I'm right handed) in a high tech sling. The doc said it will need to stay immobilized for 4-6 weeks. I go back to see him tomorrow to see if there is any tendon damage. Hopefully there is not. Living with one good arm is frustrating to say the least. Even typing this is a chore that annoys me to no end.
In the meantime, I'd like to just publicly (well, at least cybersace publicly to the six people who read this) tell everyone how amazing my wife is. If you doubted that before (which I'm sure none of you did) then now there is no arguing it whatsoever. She has taken care of me and been so supportive. Right from the beginning in the hospital (when I throw up in my mouth and they wouldn't give me any water), through the drug haze days (in and out of sleep and talking like a wierdo), to now (recovered but still one armed) she has helped me. From helping me get dressed (try buttoning up your button fly jeans with only one arm, I dare you) to driving me around (stick shifts are for the two armed!) she has been there.
I am so lucky to have her and I thank G-d for her every day.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
You never deserved anything less. Glad you've got someone to help you zip your fly.
Post a Comment