Sunday, July 15, 2007

More Music

So, the wife was super awesome to me recently... my iPod officially died and with a 10 hour flight and endless train rides ahead, I was dying to get another one. She went out and got me a brand new, black, 30 gb video iPod. Needless to say, I'm pretty psyched! I went to the library yesterday to get more music and scored 31 CD's! It took me from about 5pm to midnight last night to upload all the music, but it was worth it. I'm looking forward to diving in to some new tunes.

Here are some highlights: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of the Dead, Bob Dylan, Chick Corea, Elton John, In Flames, Jerry Lee Lewis, (tons of) Johnny Cash, Joy Division, June Carter Cash, Led Zeppelin, Louis Armstrong, Mates of State, Morrissey, The Smiths, Thursday, and UB40. I also scored some really cool world and ethnic music including traditional Spanish, Native American, and African music. I'm stoked to get to listen to it all!

2 comments:

bpddjeoomon said...

Did you know that they have an audio Bible out now that's spoken/narrated by Johnny Cash? We sell it at my store. Actually it's just the New Testament, but still, it's fairly awesome.

bpddjeoomon said...

I definitely understand not bein on the computer much when there's no other reason to be. I have one of those cell phones that has mobile web so it's easier for me to check things on the go..

That's funny you said that you've been getting into music in Spanish. My old Spanish teacher got me into some Spanish singers and groups. I tend to favor pop singers when it's sung in Spanish.

Aside from the Johnny Cash New Testament, have you heard the Bible Experience? That's the dramatized audio Bible that's voiced by a bunch of celebrities. That one is pretty cool as well except it weirds me out when it's supposed to be God speaking and you hear Samuel L. Jackson...

And Tony is...ugh. He turned out to be one of those "Oh well my girlfriend came back and I didn't know I was supposed to be waiting for her, but apparently I was. So see ya!" It really didn't bother me that much, but I rarely ever dreampt about him except right after that happened.

I think that's all. I miss you too! It's weird when people move. I didn't miss you half as much when you were only 45 minutes away... ;)