My iPod is full. So every time I get new music, I'm forced to delete something. I'm going to start a new series on my blog telling about an album that I deleted and why. First up, New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) by Erykah Badu.
I really tried with this record. A great friend with awesome music taste loved it, as did almost every music critic in the world. While its no secret that I dislike almost all hip-hop, its not because of a lack of effort. I listened to this record all the way through at least a half a dozen times. But it never really resonated with me. The awkward and forced hip-hop narrator was annoying and completely unnecessary, the beats were sub-par, and the songs were unmoving. There are redeeming moments, like when Badu goes avant-garde following the trumpet with her voice. But these moments are too few and far between to redeem this record.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago



3 comments:
Are you just unchecking them in iTunes? or are you deleting them off your computer? Deleting is only necessary if your hard drive is full, which I had to do when I only had a 60gb hard drive and a 30gb iPod.
Good questions, I should have been more clear. Just like you I have a 30 gb iPod and a 60 gb hard drive on my computer. BOTH ARE FULL! Every time I go to run updates my computer says I have to delete something. Its super annyoing.
I just bought a 320 gb hard drive and plan on having my iTunes hosted there. But haven't got around to it yet.
For Badu....Mama's Gun is the way to go. New Amerykah is weak.
Post a Comment