Do you read a book before seeing the movie? Or do you see a movie and then go back to the book?
There is an interesting conversation about this revolving around The Watchman over at the FilmTalk.com.
For me, I NEVER go back and read the book if I've already seen the movie. So that means I always try to read the book before watching the film. But, of course, that means I have books upon books stacked and queued from the library and I refuse to watch the movie version until I've finished the book.
Here's what I got going right now:
The Constant Gardener
A Scanner Darkly
Everything is Illuminated
Blindness (Just finished this book, movie on the Netflix queue, review of the book coming soon)
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


3 comments:
You are amazing...reading so much. Granny would have just loved knowing that about you! Wish I had the time to read more...maybe when I am old and retired (which will be way longer than I expected, now)! I never get out to see movies, so I always read the books first. I love words and they seem so powerful when left up to the my imagination, instead of the director's imagination...except for Gone With the Wind that is...I really needed to see the gown Scarlett made out of her drapes and how could Rhett Butler be any more gorgeous than Clark Gable (HA! HA!).
xoxo
I highly recommend reading The Road before the film releases this year.
Yeah, I read the Road and loved it. I read while my wife was 7 months pregnant and it was truly heart wrenching. I'm looking forward to the film. Thanks for the suggestion!
Post a Comment