Monday, February 01, 2010

World's Greatest Dad (2009)

World's Greatest Dad (2009)

"The only thing worse than being alone is being around people who make you feel alone."

Just finished this and was pretty overwhelmed. I was really surprised by this (I thought at first it was another Robin Williams RV/Wild Hogs type film) and I couldn't help but be deeply moved. The first half was really difficult to watch as a fairly new father; pretty intense and dark stuff going on. Sabara does a fantastic playing the creepy and disguising son and Williams does a great job as the annoyed, yet loyal father. Its a really bleak and black film and centers on a subject matter that many people aren't comfortable talking about, so proceed with caution.

1 comment:

BJ said...

i thought this was a hell of a movie. especially the scene with the Akron/Family's "Don't be afraid, you're already dead" playing in the background. I wish it would've been seen more