Sunday, January 31, 2010

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)

I would have never even watched this if it wasn't for the Roger Ebert review that praised it. While I agree with Eberts's premise that a comedy doesn't have to contain nudity, a billion f-bombs, and raunchy jokes, that doesn't automatically make a movie that doesn't include those things funny. I would go on about the many not funny and utterly ridiculous parts of the movie, but it just seems too easy and unnecessary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, usually after i read your blog, i go straight to Netflix and put whatever you've reviewed on my queue. This is not one of those cases.

bpddjeoomon said...

Agreed. Though I'm always excited to find a movie like this; one that's not terrible but I also don't enjoy it supremely, because I always have to have background noise going when I do homework, and if I love or hate the noise, it gets too distracting. So basically I just throw on things like this and it's perfect.