
(500) Days of Summer. [2009]
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for these kind of movies. And I can't help but like everything Zooey Deschanel does*. I like that the movie tells you up front [highlight for spoiler:]
that they wont end up together and that it actually follows through on that. I was waiting for the loophole for them to get back together, and thankfully it never happened. A great film that featured some very cool music. Oh, and I loved the dance scene to Hall & Oates song "You Make My Dreams."
*As an aside, did you know that Zooey was named after the amazingly underrated J.D. Salinger novella
Franny and Zooey? That makes her even cooler.
2 comments:
as opposed to your opinion of "Away We Go" I wholeheartedly agree that this film is great. It is deserving of all the hype.
when can we expect your top ten film list?
mine won't be for a while, need to see some more before I can make an adequate list.
I liked this movie despite my better judgment. It was exactly what i expected, there were literally no surprises and it was just designed to stereotypically get "indie" kids to like it. If it had Zach Braff or Michael Cera in it, it would have never seen the light of my Netflix queue... It was enjoyable though and that chick is mad cute...completely manufactured...but cute.
Post a Comment