So the hunt is officially on for the highest position in America. Today after President Bush announced that he planned on sending more troops to Iraq (wtf?!?), there was the inevitable rush of the media to get the latest reactions from the biggest political names. As I was getting ready to leave for work, Carrie had the Today show on and being interviewed was Senator Barack Obama.
I was excited to hear what he had to say, as we all know that I (along with probably everyone reading this) have high hopes for a DIFFERENT type of presidential candidate, one that Obama claims to be. He had some very good points (including his initial disapproval for the war, his ideas for withdrawal, and his disapproval of sending more troops) that he articulated very well.
His main critics against his Presidential bid say that he has virtually no foreign affairs experience (which is true), and yet he has found himself in front of a notional audience talking about foreign policy. Coincidence? I hope not. All signs point to him being primed, prepped, and prepared to run for President. Now I just hope that he TRULY is what he says he is.
PS: Check out this awesome quote from his argument for not invading Iraq that he said in 2002 (you can find more at www.barackobama.com): “You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to wean ourselves off Middle East oil through an energy policy that doesn't simply serve the interests of Exxon and Mobil.”
PPS: Check out our reading club (though I believe that everyone reading this is a already a member). You can find a link to it on the right of my page. It’s called Reading Rainbow and we are currently reading, reviewing, and discussing Obama’s new book “The Audacity of Hope."
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment