So, I've been trying very hard to have a open mind toward Hillary Clinton's run for the presidency. I have despised her in the past; but I have made up my mind recently that I will be open to the possibility that she has some good solutions to the political problems that America currently faces. Because of this determination to open mindedness, I have begun to watch her "conversations" that she has posted on her website (by the way, I understand the tactic of us the word conversation to create a feeling of discussion with the public, but she says it like 3 billion times. Annoying!!).
I do agree with some of her ideas (health care for all, withdrawal of the troops in Iraq [though she previously voted for it and refuse to admit it was a mistake], etc.). One thing that has really annoyed me during these web videos (well, the first thing was the use of conversation, so I guess technically this is the second thing that annoys me) is the fact that she acts surprised or laughs when some of the questions are being read as if it was her first time hearing the question. Give me a break, we all know that the question were pre-selected (or maybe even written by her staff), so why pretend differently. It comes across as annoying and fake.
I'm tired of fake poeple in politics. I want a real, honest person. The more I read "Audacity" the more I think that Obama might just be what I've been waiting for. I just hope he is not another lying, cheating, stealing, fake politician.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
Well this post is a huge step for you! I don't even wan't to repeat your previous musings about Hilary!
One of the things that has helped me in my struggle to be open-minded towards presidential candidates- is to try and make them faceless...
I like Obama for various reasons- and I recognize that. When he says something I disagree with- I am quick to give him grace, re check my interpretation of his message, and quick to stick up for him because (so far) I think he will make the best president.
When Hillary, Edwards, Giuliani, etc. share something I disagree with- I am so quick to trounce them! I never feel as though I "misheard," or "misinterpreted" anything they say (unlike my "recheck" for Obama). And, I most certainly do not extend grace- rather, I denounce them!
I wish that I could give the same benefit of the doubt, the same graceful approach, and respect (all politicians are still human) to all of the candidates- instead of a select few.
So, I am beginning my quest towards a more hopeful primaries and election process. It will be my prayer that I listen to Hillary (without judgment), That I extend grace to John Edwards as he lives in the rich America (of the two he speaks of), to Giuliani (a human), etc.
I am convinced that politics won't change, unless we begin to put a human face on candidates. Can we critique without judgment? Can we run campaigns not focusing on our human flaws (smear style), but rather our political and philosophical differences? Can we conversate and have real debate?
Maybe this is too audacious a hope (haha)- but, I must believe in the hope for a candidate. I must believe (although we read US Weekly, are very partisan, and are addicted to reality television) that Americans are capable of putting a human face on their brothers and sisters in the flawed system of privileged politics.
So, I urge you all to join me ( and help me uphold) and celebrate this value. Only the people can change the political processes- not politicians (they are forced to play the game that we want them to play).
Here's to loving within disagreement, fighting the good fight, and the redemption of political processes.
Post a Comment