Sorry I haven't updated in a while... or commented on anyone else's blog, for that matter. I've been pretty MIA lately for two main reasons:
1. Last weekend Carrie and I finished (!) our masters program. We had to turn in a huge final project/thesis (mine came in at around 60-some pages), give two presentations, develop an artistic metaphor for our experience in the program, and write a 12 page reflection paper (the only part we haven't done, its due in two weeks). A 22-month journey in which we have to spend one weekend a month (Friday 5-10pm, Saturday 8am-5pm, and Sunday 8am-5pm) in class is over. Whew, that feels good.
2. I ripped out over 300 square feet of carpet and old linoleum, removed all the old baseboards, installed Pergo-style flooring throughout, and put in all new baseboards in the entire house. It was quite a job, but it makes a huge impact in our house. Here are some pics (before, in between, and after):
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
Having hardwood (or pergo) is the best with children. It is so much easier to clean and when they get to the point of using toys on wheels they love to glide on the floor. Plus it looks freakin awesome. Love it, love it, love it. The thing I miss most about our rental here in Portland is the hardwood floors we have at our house in California :-(
Post a Comment