Thursday, August 28, 2008

What do you Want to Do Today Honey?

9am, last Wednesday morning
Carrie: What do you want to do today?
Me: Um, I don't know.
Carrie: Well our master's projects are done, the flooring in the house is done, and this is the second to last day of our summer. I'd like to do something fun.
Me: Well, Radiohead is playing in Seattle tonight.
Carrie: We can go, if you want.
Me: For real?!?

Two hours, an Orbitz booked hotel room, and a phone call to a ticket seller from Craiglist in Seattle later, we were on the road.

The face of spontaneity


So yeah, I saw Radiohead a week ago. It was divine. It feels really good to cross number one off the list.

The next day we poked around Seattle all day, and that was really fun. Have I mentioned that my wife rules? Because she does. She rules hard. And she's really cute.


Cutie girl and the Space Needle



Two tickets to the top, please




Taking in the view



Pike's place

2 comments:

Robin Krill said...

Your wife does rock because when we went to Seattle Jim begged and begged and tried to persuade but I just couldn't bring myself to go up the needle.

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry, Nole! You are blessed to have Carrie...she honors you so! Glad you got to get away and celebrate your accomplishments!! You both deserved it! Did you end up on your hand and knees at the top of the Space Needle?
xoxoxo