Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Much For That...

So, hope is dashed. Ugh. I am really heartbroken. I know better than to get my hopes up. However, I will be really pissed if the Suns don't continue on with Mike D'Antoni next year as coach.


That aside, I want to talk about how Kevo fired a preemptive strike against me posting my top 5 list of bands that I have never seen. It was my idea after all. But, whatever. I guess I don't care about Kevo getting the credit.

Anyways, here is my list. As always, I would love to hear yours.

Honorable mentions:
Modest Mouse--> Going to see them in three and a half weeks.
Calexico--> This was a tough band to cut from the list, but someone had to lose out.



5. Sufjan Stevens- I have heard nothing but great things about his show; I'm bummed that I haven't had a chance to see him yet.


4. Bob Dylan- I don't really need an explanation for this one.


3. Death Cab for Cutie- This is tough one for me to write knowing that they will be in my town in three and half weeks from now and I am not going to see them. Ugh.



2. Led Zeppelin reunion/Allison Krause & Robert Plant- I have been trying to convenience Carrie for us to go see the Krause/Plant tour in Phoenix (trying to tie in a family visit around a concert, of course) but I don't think its going to work out.



1. Radiohead- Duh, probably, no for sure, one of the best modern, no all time, bands in the world. Really sad that I can't go see them with Kevo, Miah, and Shells in August.


As I look over this list, I am pretty sad because I had/have the opperutnity to see three of the five of these bands by August, but its not going to happen. Geez, I just got really bummed out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I have had my top 5 bands I have not seen yet as a conversation topic for a while. In truth I think it helps me convince Jill the importance of certain shows. I.e., "Jill this is my number two band I have not seen yet" sounds way more important than, "I really want to see these guys". That being said you did mention blogging about it first. Since getting this credit is obviously important to you, there you go, you were going to post about it before me.

Anonymous said...

kevo... that is such a good way to try and convince my wife... you have no idea what you just did for my life.