"The new American Dream can't be about passive, condescending check-writing. It must be about leadership, inspiration, and problem-solving." - a former securities analyst who was senior Internet analyst for Merrill Lynch during the dot-com bubble.
“Nonprofits need to capture the magic of the marketplace if they want to make a serious dent in big social problems.” –Jonathon Alter, a columnist and senior editor for Newsweek magazine.
I am so happy to be working with Rise Up Inc (see link on the side of the page). It feels so good to be part of a non-profit that is not just scraping to get donations. Instead, Jesse has set up a way for the company to proactive about raising funds for social change. The clothing sales, the fair trade coffee, and the documentary are all creative and fresh ways to raise money, and more importantly, get others to be inspired about the cause. I am so lucky to be apart of this process and I look forward to continuing the effectiveness of our marketing and fund raising. Its inspiring to be working closely on this with Jesse, Maria, Ron, Erin, Adam, Kevin, Jill, Nate, John, Jeremiah, Shelly, Cole, and Amy and everyone else who is in someway apart of this movement now or going to be in the future! Hopefully we can continue to work together for this cause. I look forward to the involvement of our friends around the country, whether its going to Nicaragua in the summer, repping the clothing line in your city, becoming apart of the board of directors, donating money to the cause, setting up fund raising opportunities, or simply being an encouragement, it makes a difference!
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
I'm so glad we're all getting involved in this as well. With the wide varieties of skill and talent we all posses, we really can make this an amazing project. I had a great conversation with a former co-worker tonight who is just so into the ideas of Rise Up and can't wait to spread the word. More on this later. Glad to see you blogging your ass off.
Post a Comment