Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend O' Fun

The wife and I had a great weekend. On Friday we got together with a great group of good fiends (Luke & Tara, Nate & Chrissy, Ron & Erin, Cole & Amy, Jesse & Maria, and our new friends (Carrie's co-worker) Kelly and his wife). After eating some good Mexican food (Nachos, of course) we went back to Tara & Luke's for some beers and a little "Catch Phrase."

Saturday was a day of rest for Carrie and I we. We hung around the house and enjoyed each other's company. We watched TV, read, and just relaxed. If felt nice.

Then Sunday we had church and then hung out with Nate and Chrissy. Chrissy dyed Carrie's hair while Nate and I drank beer and watched Zodiac (pretty good flick). I was pretty happy because Chrissy finally broke Nate down and he gave me all of his music*, which was awesome. I have so much new music to listen to! That evening Ron, Erin, and Cole came to our house with Nate and Chrissy to watch the Grammy's. After watching that, I am sooooo happy to say that I don't listen to any of those goons who performed (with the exception of the Foos, though I went to bed before they preformed). I mean, seriously, those performances were just laughable. What the hell has happened to music?

I am really excited for tomorrow because Cole, Carrie, Scott, and maybe others are going to head out and see a free show at McMenamin's. A band called the everybodyfields is playing for free, and I am excited about that. I just picked up their latest CD (thanks sis for iTunes card), and it is really good. Should be a good show.

OK, that's all. I hope that you all are doing well.

*Music that Nate gave me:

Explosions- All of the Sudden I Miss Something, How Strange Innocence
Kinda Like Spitting- Bridges Worth Burning
Headphones- Headphones
Pedro- Achilles, Its Hard to Find a Friend, Whole EP, The Only Reason I Feel Secure, Winners Never Quit
Album Leaf-One Day I’ll Be…
John Vanderslice- Pixie Revolt
Taking Back- Tell All Your Friends
These Arms are Snakes- This Was Meant to Hurt You
AFI- Art of Drowning
Rilo Kiley- The Execution of All Things
Team Sleep- Team Sleep
Life Aquatic
Radiohead- Hail to the Thief
Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Yanqui U.X.O.
Sigur Ros- Agaetis Byrjun, Takk…
Recover- Rodeo and Picasso
Norma Jean- Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child
Jesse Sykes- Oh, My Girl
The Faint- Blank Wave Arcade
Zao- Self Titled
Pinback- Summer in Abandon
Daniel Lanois- Belladonna
Lymbyc System- Carved by Glaciers
The Sinking Ships- …Of Sinking Ships
Neko Case- Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Caspian- We Are the Conductor EP
Saxon Shore- Four Months of Darkness, Luck Will Not Save Us from a Jackpot of Nothing, The Exquisite Death of Saxon Shore
The Black Keys- Chualhoma
Circa Survie- Jutarana

Pretty stoked.

1 comment:

Yours truly said...

Ya I definitely hooked you up so you better listen to those damn Saxon Shore albums.