Tuesday, February 05, 2008

To Add Insult to Injury

My old buddy Niel sent out a mass text to a bunch of people yesterday reading like this, "Don't forget to vote tomorrow. Its an amazing privilege. Enjoy being a part of something huge."

Yeah, well, I can't. I can't because Oregon doesn't vote until May. Now a lot of political poeple are saying that today wont decide it for the Democrats, but I can promise you that it will be decided by the time I cast my vote for Obama. Don't beleive me? Check out the (for a clearer view, click here) map from bbc.com:



Notice that some of the states are in dark gray, meaning they are "other key states" to this race. And don't say, "Well look at all those other states that are in light gray" because a lot of those have already voted.

It makes me very mad and just goes to show that my vote really doesn't count (although I will still be voting, Adam!). This is a great way to make people feel disillusioned from politics and makes me feel like I have to trust others to pick for me. I do not get a choice in who gets my party (the Democratic Party's) nomination. Ugh. Pissed off.

No comments: