Monday, November 24, 2008

Nick Cave, Cormic McCarthy, and More




I can't claim to have been a Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds fan for years. As matter of fact, until recently, I hadn't really heard that many songs by Nick Cave. I knew who he was and enjoyed what I heard, but, for whatever reason, never got any of his albums. But, I recently got the new Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds record (from the library) entitled "Dig, Lazarus Dig!!!" and I must say, it is awesome. I can't stop listening to it. The music is unbelievably interesting, featuring very strange instruments and surprising arraignments. The lyrics are dark, but funny. And as a package, it sounds incredible. Check it out.

Recently I was listening to Sound Opinions and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds were featured. On the show, Cave mentioned something I am pretty excited about: he'll be doing the score to the movie version of Cormic McCarthy's great book "The Road." I'm really excited about the movie because the book is great (I'm about 3/4 of the way through) and because it'll be very interesting to hear what Cave and co. come up with musically to augment the haunting scenery the story takes place in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and available for illegal download...bam.

Looking forward to checking it out.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?