Sunday, June 28, 2009

Artist of the Day: St. Vincent




St. Vincent is the stage name of the wonderfully creative Annie Clark. She's previously played with The Polyphonic Spree and in Sufjan Steven's touring band. Her latest release Actor will no doubt be among my top contenders for album of the year. (Ironically enough, Actor was produced by another album of the year contender The Paper Chase's front man John Congleton).


Another side note, I could help but notice that the cover art for Actor reminded me of something. But I just couldn't place it. Then after reading on Annie's Wikipedia page that her first album Marry Me was named after an Arrested Development episode I realized why this image seemed familiar. This chick has a sense of humor:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a hot mess to me. We have such differing taste in music! Glad you enjoyed it!! xoxo