After reading Ron and Jeremiah’s blog about their “Best in Shows” I thought I would take a moment and share mine. However, in thinking about what I’d pick, I realized that there where more than one book, film, and album I’d like to choose. So, I present to you my “Best in Show” blog, starting with two parts of honorable mentions, and ending with the winners for this year (thus far.)
Book: "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. I know that almost everyone reading this has probably read this book, but I still thought I’d mention it, because it is awesome. I read his first book "Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance" in college and I loved it. He has a great way saying things that make you laugh, cry, and think.
Album: “Long Way Home” by the Dixie Chicks. This is such a surprising record for me. Rick Rubin is such a genius, and he knows how to place stings and percussion in the rights spots without sounding cheesy. I don’t want to build this record up too much (I know that I always do that), but seriously give it a try (your wives/fiancés/girlfriends will probably love you for it!) It dares to tackle such issues as war, George W., and abortion in very honest and raw fashion.
Film: “Thank You For Smoking.” This film has a very funny and interesting look at the smoking industry. William H. Macy is spectacular in it. Warning: It says f-ck probably 150 times in the movie, so its probably not one to watch with your parents or girls if they are sensitive to that.
Next blog: part two of honorable mentions.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment