Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Because I've Never Read the Bible

Yes folks, I have never read the Bible. Because, as the leader of Citizens for Community Values, Phil Burress, said, "The only evangelicals that he's [Obama] going to win over are those who have never read the Bible." So I guess because Obama has won me over I've never read the Bible.

Or maybe its because I'm not an evangelical...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have 'never read the Bible' or never read the entire Bible??
xoxo

Lewis Cash said...

Neither. I have (and do) read the Bible. I have read the entire Bible. But according to this yahoo, any one who supports Obama could not have read the Bible. That's just dumb.

shells said...

jeremiah and i just registered as democrats..we too have never read the...whats it called?? Bible?

Unknown said...

I heard an interview one time with Karl Rove, where Al Franken asked him about the Bible Study he led with the president. At the end, Franken quotes Acts 2 (without telling him it was from the Bible) and asks for Rove's commentary.

Rove then went on and on about how horrible this group must be and that it shows how Communist idealism is still a threat to America. I heard it a few years back on "Fresh Air" when Terri Gross was interviewing Al Franken. But I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the internet.