Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Movies!

So, its summer. That means a lot of swimming in the river and watching movies from the library. Its been really fun. Here is a list of movies I've seen recently and a rating out of ten. Also, before I forget: didn't this movie already come out? Wasn't it this movie?

The Pledge
8.8 out of 10

North by Northwest
6.6 out of 10

3:10 to Yuma
6.9 out of 10

Death at a Funeral
8.5 out of 10


Currently have from the library awaiting to be watched:
Eagle vs. Shark
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (the book was great!)


Have on hold from the library:
Great Wall of Sound
No Country for Old Men (the book was great!)
Savages
There Will Be Blood
12 Monkeys
Into the Wild (the book was great!)
Starting Out in the Evening (also have the book coming soon)


Have any other suggestions?

6 comments:

shells said...

wait til you see diving bell...it was the most incredible movie of the year and makes you want to go out and do everything you have ever wanted to do in life...julian schnabel is a bamf

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

Which 3:10 To Yuma?

Also, that got me to thinking about westerns. You should watch the Spaghetti Western "Man With No Name" Trilogy. My favorite westerns of all time.

A Fistful Of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Jill said...

Nolers! Sorry, this has nothing to do with your blog above... just wanted to tell you that I finally started a blog where I type all the funny stuff my boss does... I'll add a new story everyday! You'll love some of them!

http://funnycauseitsmylife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion...how about why those movies got the score they got?

brittany said...

i was going to say exactly what shelly said...

Lewis Cash said...

Sam- it was the new version of 3:10 to Yuma. And I have had A Fistful of Dollars checked out from the library before, but I didn't get a chance to watch it and turned it back in un-watched. I will recheck it out soon.

Shells and B-Shedd- Still haven't had time to watch Diving Bell, but I'll watch it this week.

JCA- screw you for posting a shameless plug on my movies discussion. Just kidding... welcome to the blogosphere and thanks for sharing such funny stories. You have been added to my blog roll (and I expect to added to yours soon).

Adam- screw you. I don't have time to write up reviews on EVERY movie I watch. Just go get the movies with high scores from the library (or be a cooperate whore and rent them from Blockbuster). Either way, I don't care.

Love you guys.