I know absolutely nothing about bike racing. This past weekend, in my town of Bend, was the Cascade Cycling Classic. It is a five day race through the mountains and beautiful terrain of Central Oregon. I was out of town for the event, so I didn't get a chance to go to any part of the race. But upon perusing the internet for the results of the event, I came across this article.
I don't know if this type of thing is normal in bike racing, but I was struck by it nevertheless. What a great example in compassion.
This is pretty much the exact opposite of this.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
I feel like there is more sportsmanship and tradition in cycling than most other sports. I remember a few years back in the Tour De France when Lance Armstrong was winning but crashed into a field. The guy in 2nd place could have sped ahead and tried to make up some time, but instead stopped and waited for him to get back on his bike so they could race fair and square. Good stuff.
Post a Comment