Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight v. 1.0

I just saw "The Dark Knight" and let me tell you... it was everything I hoped it'd be.

There are so many layers to this movie and it tackles so many themes (justice, life/death, torture, warrant-less wiretaps, redemptive violence) all the while entertaining and scaring the hell out of you. I want to spend some time to process things, so a more in depth review will be coming soon. In the meantime, I leave you with a couple of haunting images of the late Heath Ledge masterfully playing the Joker:





5 comments:

brittany said...

seriously.

Anonymous said...

The "magic trick" at the beginning where he makes the pencil disappear got a standing ovation in the theater. So good.

African Kelli said...

Okay, okay. I loved his role and thought he did an excellent job. But violence! My goodness. It was too much. I left sick to my stomach.
And really not liking Bruce Wayne. Batman is fab. Bruce Wayne is a jerk.

shells said...

not over hyped at all! we were all kids with butterflies in our stomachs reacting so loud in every scene...glorious

andrewGoodwin said...

Kelli, If you thought that movie was violent, then I will tell you to never-ever-ever watch the new Rambo.