Friday, December 15, 2006

Eat This (Part Deuce)

So I got an comment on the last post I made about "not believing everything I read" and that the idea that eating a vegeterian diet can reduce the amount of CO2 output is "crap."

I'd like to make very clear that this quote came from a cited source. Please visit http://www-news.uchicago.edu/releases/06/060413.diet.shtml to read more on this topic.

The article, which was written by two researchers at the University of Chicago and published in the April issue of the journal Earth Interactions (making the source completely crediable), talks about eating a vegeterian diet as a way to reduce the output of CO2.

Another article (see: http://www-news.uchicago.edu/citations/06/060427.veggie-disc.html) from the Discovery Channel, which also sites the University of Chicago's repot says, "A new study of how much greenhouse gas is released into the atmosphere by the production of food shows that the difference between a meat-based and plant-based diet amounts to the same as driving an SUV versus a small sedan."

Check those sites out and read the articles, then let me know what you think.

No comments: