Just one more reason:
"The average meat eater causes a ton and a half more carbon dioxide emissions for food production than the average vegetarian. Like it or not, your diet can have just as much effect on your carbon emissions as your choice of car."
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


8 comments:
Says who? Nole, you gotta learn not to believe everything that you read. God I hope you're not teaching our kids this crap. You know what they say........."Save a tree, eat a beaver."
Dear Anonymous:
Please visit http://www.slate.com/id/2151796/ for a full report (with cited sources) on where I got this quote.
And it makes sense, the production of meats takes far more resources than the production of veggies.
See new my new blog (Eat This (Part Deuce)) for a complete citation of the article that was published in a scentific journal.
Slate.com, a real hard hitting journalistic gem, owned by that bastian of journalistic ethics, The Washington Post. The same Slate.com that has had to run 27 corrections in the last month. And the same Slate.com citing a study done by two assistant (not full-fledged) professors from the Univ. of Chicago. And what about water use? Veggies have a much higher water content % than meat does, and I bet it takes more water to produce them. What's the impact of that? I'm just suggesting that a real healthy dose of skeptcism should be applied to info obtained on the old WWW.com/---- Especially before you pass the info along as fact.
Please see new post with sources and explinations.
I'm curious why someone who obviously has strong feelings on this subject would post under anonymous. I respect you Nole for standing up for what you believe in!
Carrie
Please see two new posts and stop eating meat. Thank you.
Hey Anonymous.....assistant professor does not mean they are not "full fledged". It means they are a full professor in a department subject to the leadership of a dept. chairperson. Nice work Einstein!
Post a Comment