I just did some more research on the "assistant (not full-fledged) professors" (quoted from a comment from “anonymous”) that researched and wrote the article in question. I found out that Gidon Eshel has his doctorate in physical oceanography and that Pamela Martin has her doctorate in Geological Sciences. Please verify at http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~gidon/ and http://geosci.uchicago.edu/people/faculty/martin.shtml respectively. So while they may not be “full fledged” professors, I think that their education does qualify them to research and write an article regarding this issue.
Also, just a quick note that while I did stumble across this piece of information at Slate.com, I also did verify the sources. I deemed it credible because it was researched and written by assistant professors at University of Chicago and because it was published in a scientific journal titled “Earth Interactions.” (See: http://earthinteractions.org)
Upon digging deeper (my thanks to “anonymous” for spurring me on to look more closely at this issue) I feel as though my point has gained even more validity. The research regarding this issue is real and undeniable. If you are interested, you can read the full findings of Dr. Eshel and Dr. Martin’s report at http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~gidon/papers/nutri/nutri.html. Also please see discussions of their findings in “The New Scientist” (http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~gidon/papers/nutri/newScientist.html), in London’s “The Guardian” (http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~gidon/papers/nutri/guardian.html), and, as previously mentioned, The Discovery Channel (http://wwwnews.uchicago.edu/citations/06/060427.veggie-disc.html).
Argue with me all you want, but by going to a meat-less diet, you would be reducing your CO2 output by a larger number than if you switched your regular car to a hybrid.
A would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this once they have read the aforementioned articles.
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


4 comments:
You are a better blogger than I am to go to this level of research to prove your point ESPECIALLY to an annonymous poster. I wouldn't.
I'll buy a Hybrid. I'm not giving up meat...especially bacon.
-BOR
man...
I am convinced....no more met for me.
love you. is pork a meat?
meat*
Hey Nole,
I would love to catch up sometime soon!
Send me an e-mail...
Post a Comment