The criteria: the record has to be a record that you haven't listened to for at least six months. That's it.
So here are some of mine:
Noise Ratchet "Till We Have Faces" This is a really, really good record, even now. The song writing is very clever and the vocals really stand out.
Refused "The Shape of Punk to Come" Probably one of the most influential underground records of our time. If you have not heard this (and like any form of heavy music)go buy it now... yeah, just take my word for it.
Rage Against the Machine "Renegades" I didn't really like this record when it came out because I was just so bitter about Rage breaking up. But, listening to it now, I realized just how good it is.

Metallica "Black" "Master of Puppets" & "Load" Ok, so ever since this comment (fourth on the list) I have gone back and listened to these three records. And while I try to say that I am over Metallica, I simply can't do it. Of course Master of Puppets and Black are really good, but I actually really like Load too. It has been really surprising listening to this again, realizing that it is some damn good music.
Glassjaw "Worship and Tribute" Great, heavy music.So, there ya go. I'd love to hear some of yours!


7 comments:
Man i just left you an awesome comment and in the process of breaking into the Fort Knox that is the comment approval of your blog, it got deleted.
In short it was something like this:
Is Glassjaw the "Burn it down and GUAC away" song?
Second, glad you're listening to some Metallica again. I actually can put them on my forgotten list too...despite my vehement argument about including them in your top 5, i haven't listened to them that much either. The other day someone reminded me of a song on Master of Puppets and since i was at work and didn't have the CD, i just downloaded the entire thing again. And then just to piss of Lars, i downloaded ...And Justice and Ride the Lightning.
Load was better than it got credit for King Nothing, Thorn Within are both good and The Outlaw Torn is probably one of my favorite Metallica songs ever.
Sorry about the comment moderation. I just made some changes and hopefully it'll be easier.
Also, burn it down and guac away is Norma Jean "Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child." I should probably get back into that too!
Noise Ratchet was my favorite band for a long, long time. I went to everyone of their shows here in Phoenix, and even bought "memorial" art at their last show as a band on December 10th, 2005. At the Brick House. Seeing that cover made me tear up a little. Thanks for the throw-back.
Sam, we must have seen each other like ten times, because I went to like every Noise Ratchet show in Phoenix.
Ceci N'Est Pas. Love. Sleeper is one of my favorite Recover songs of all time. And not that I don't love me some good dance rock/techno when the mood strikes, but I can not-for the life of me-understand why Dan Keyes would go from Recover to Young Love. Boo.
Everybody will enjoy Metallica. Forever. The people that say that they don't are lying.
Oh, Glassjaw. One of my favorite teenage punk rock show memories involves Glassjaw. And there's something to be said for the band that made one of the few songs that I feel instead of hear.
I'm not sure I can post anything about my "rediscovered" tunes. I put my iPod on shuffle a lot. Janis Joplin, maybe? I don't think I've "Mercedes Benz"'d in a while...
And this just reminded me of how I was also going to burn you a copy of Recover's CD Challenger (I think we talked about it before..) for Christmas. Dangit.
I love the Refused, I went through the same thing with that album about a year ago where I re-discovered it and listened to it for 2 weeks straight. I love that music does that. I think that is one of the best parts of travel, you are basically forced to listen to your iPod on the plane and you find things on it you forgot about.
recover!
i don't even know you and i'm impressed by you.
Post a Comment