I am being inspired in many ways lately and really enjoying some good music and literature. TV has sucked lately (other than the weekly Project Runway and Biggest Loser) so that has meant some more time for reading.
Watch: I miss the writers... please come back. I guess I am watching a lot of news lately. Mostly Democracy Now and CNN on primary days.
Read: Just started Brain McLaren's "Everything Must Change" and it is pretty good. I really loved "A New King of Christain," but I feel like I haven't gotten into his other books that much. I really got bored of "The Secret Message of Jesus" and I didn't finish it (which is rare for me, I almost always finish books). So far this one is a lot better. Through the first few chapters it has held my attention and made me think WAY more that "The Secret..."
Listen: OK, so all of you know that I used to have my hardcore days. As of the last three or four years I have been pretty over anything heavy as it didn't really hold my attention. Well that drought is over. I can't stop listening to the metal gods In Flames. Their record "Come Clarity" is so heavy, yet melodic and absurdly catchy. They really know how to walk the line of being metal while still including hooks and beautiful music and vocals. It has become the soundtrack to snow shoveling for me:


No comments:
Post a Comment