Monday, May 19, 2008

Hillary and Maker's Mark?


I kinda wish I was standing in front of all those barrels filled with an amazing beverage.

Anyways, Hillary is at her spinning best, as usual. Playing politics once again, she has claimed that she has the most popular votes. However, if we read the figurative fine print, we realize that she is counting Florida and Michigan (despite the DNC saying they don't count) and NOT counting the caucus states. She is simply picking and choosing what to count based on whatever makes her look good. That is a nice way of saying that she is lying. It is unacceptable.

She said Sunday, "If we get everybody turned out, it's going to send a great message to our country that you don't stop democracy in its tracks." But honestly, that is exactly what she is doing by saying she has the most popular votes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes and Why not..Michigan and Florida voted and they should be counted no matter...Democrats can not win withoug Florida and Michigan and Obama played a stick because as usual his hypocrite ways that he may fool some but not all... He did not want them to count because he knew it would not go his way...If he thinks Clinton supporters are going to vote for him...Think again obama..not all are idiots! Your self serving denouncement of your mentor of twenty years a radical racist Anti-American, you new pin on your label
Give us all a break...Who do you think you are fooling... Never never would I vote for a radical racist anti-American supporter! Never!

Anonymous said...

Voters in Oregon !!! Better wake up people this election is no game !!! Voters for change who vote for Obama are jeopardizing this great nation… We cannot afford another mistake like in the last two elections… We cannot afford to take a chance and put someone with no experience in charge for the next 4 years… We need someone who can get our economy & the nation back on track… There is only one choice in that category Hillary Clinton … She is the only one who can get us back on track… Oregonites you better think 10 times about the ramifications of an Obama or Mccain Presidency !!! God Bless & Save America !!! Put Hill On The Hill !!!

Lewis Cash said...

Ok guys, even thought I know neither of you will come back to check my response, I will give you both a brief response.

However, before I do, please be aware that I will no long be accepting anonymous comments.

Quoting a great thinker and friend: "Although I am sure we would disagree on many policy stances politically, I appreciate any authentic conversation and welcome you to the discourse on this site.

However, I will no longer post any of your comments, if posted as anonymous. I have found that anonymous conversation is not authentic conversation.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future...and look forward to getting to know the real you as you wrestle with your own political views, choices, etc."

To the first poster, I have no idea how you are claiming that Obama had anything to do with Michigan and Florida not counting. That was the choice of the DNC, not Obama himself. Those two states broke the rules by moving up their primaries, and their consequence for doing that (per the DNC) is to not have their delegates count in this election. If the people of those states are upset about it, they should contact their state democratic party officials who are the ones who moved the primaries up and caused this mess. Hillary was the only upper-tier democrat to keep her name on the ballot, even thought ALL the presidential hopefuls knew before the first vote was cast that Florida and Michigan were not going to count. As a matter of fact, there were ALL told not to campaign there, which Hillary ignored. And now she has the audacity to claim that she has the popular vote... that is simply untrue. She is leaving out all of the caucus votes simply because it benefits her. That is unfair. Obama has won the most states, the most delegates, the most votes (read popular vote), and now the most super-delegates. That is just the plain, hard facts.

For the second poster, its clear that we simply disagree on who is best candidate to run this country. While I disagree with (most of) your views, I believe that you have the right to them. The two parts that I agree with are: 1. We cannot afford another mistake like in the last two elections, and 2. a McCain presidency would not be good.

But, just so you know, I already turned in my ballot (Oregon has a great system of mail in/drop off ballots to allow people time to research and to give people who have a hard time getting to the poles a chance to vote) and I voted for Obama. So trying to convince me at this point is a lost cause, because there is no going back now.