
So, I have a great public library. I have been using it absurdly regularly for about a year now. There is never a time where I don't have something checked out and I constantly have 8, 10, or sometimes 15 items on hold.
Here is a picture of what I currently have checked out:

What makes the library so amazing is (among other things) the fact that I can make suggestions for purchase (if they don't have the item) and they actually order it for me. I have only suggested four items, and they have ordered all four! Even small, not hugely popular books and albums:
"Standing Up to the Madness" by Amy and David Goodman (Amazon.com Sales Rank: #15,647 in Books)
"How Movies Helped Save My Soul" by Gareth Higgins (Amazon.com Sales Rank: #535,822 in Books)
"Attack and Release" by The Black Keys (Amazon.com Sales Rank: #206 in Music)
"Like, Love, Lust, and Open Halls of the Soul" by Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter (Amazon.com Sales Rank: #30,383 in Music)
Here is a list of what I currently have on hold from the library:

The moral of the story: I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to buy books or albums or movies ever again...


1 comment:
i just love the library too...first thing explore in a new city...and you've inspired me to use it even more...
Post a Comment