
I think everyone who reads this blog knows that I am happy that it looks like Obama will win the Democratic Primary. But I want to make clear that I have been consistently upset with the process in which this (and other) primaries are held. Its no secret that I HATE the fact that some states get to vote earlier and therefore have more of an opportunity to change the political scene before my vote even gets cast. (After all, I will have two candidates to vote for while Iowa had six [by my memory]).
But, this [site: here] quote really pissed me off:
"These party insiders and elected officials -- who are granted special voting privileges at the national convention -- eventually will determine the next Democratic nominee."
Why in the Sam Hell are "party insiders" deciding the people's election? It just seems to me that this is more of the same. And the worst part about it, what can I do besides complain about it on my blog?


4 comments:
complaining on blog + swearing = higher level of discontentment... just an idea.
What amazes me about this election is the amount of newly found indignation from the young people who are becoming involved for the very first time.
"Wait, you mean my vote doesn't count?!? My voice doesn't matter? How long has this been going on for?! This is so unfair!"
This is how it's always gone, and how it always will.
Gee, it's almost like nobody has ever paid attention before...hmm.
hahahahahahaha...so true!
Looks like you'll get to make a difference after all: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aOvwmwj3rLAY&refer=home
Post a Comment