Thursday, May 22, 2008

Obama Vists Bend. Part 3.0




Well, Ron covered most of my thoughts about Obama in Bend. It was an awesome moment and one I soon wont forget. That being said, I feel like I (and just about everyone else who owns a TV or radio) has heard just about everything Senator Obama has to say. This race has dragged on so freaking long... it feels like a decade ago that we were reading "The Audacity of Hope" eagerly hoping that Barack would announce that he would run for the Democratic nomination. Now, here we are over a year later and we still don't even have our "official" nominee.



Anyways, the one thing that I love to hear Barack talk about is his plan to give every hopeful college student $4000 (enough [on average] for a student to attend a state university) for college tuition in exchange for community service (i.e. peace corps service, non-profit service, etc.). It is such an amazing idea and one that I think makes a ton of sense. These are the kinds of ideas that get me excited about having him as our next president.

I got to shake his hand and get my book autographed, which was cool. By the way, Barack is super skinny.

No comments: