Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend O' Work


Time working at home this weekend:

Friday: 4-11pm
Saturday: 6am-10:30pm
Sunday: 11am-3pm

Yeah, replacing two interior bedroom, one garage entryway, and five closet doors (two not pictured) takes a long time. Riping out and hauling away the old trimming, doors, and door jams, then painting all the new doors and jams, then installing the new doors (straight, plumb, and level) then installing the door knobs and hardware, then painting the new trim, then cutting and installing the new trim, and cleaning up takes a long time.

Its strange not living in the same town as my dad, because not only is he not here to help me do work on the house, but I also can't borrow any of his tools. However, I didn't let that stop me and I charged the project. I feel pretty good about the difference this makes to our house. We have quite a bit of wood siding, so installing light colored doors really helps brighten the house. I am looking forward to d0ing even more work (installing Pergo flooring and having some carpet installed) in the future.

Before
Kitchen


Bedroom & bathroom entry


Bedroom & bathroom entry


Bedroom closet doors






After
Kitchen



Bedroom & bathroom entryway



Bedroom & bathroom entryway



Bedroom closet doors

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's something you should write an entry on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/drumnbassjerk/IMG00085.jpg

The best days of your life.

Robin Krill said...

I love the new doors. It's amazing how changing something so simple can make things look so different. Great work!