I'm loving
Netflix. Its seriously amazing. Why have I not signed up for it sooner? One thing I'm really loving is the list making ability. I'm starting to create lists like a mad man. Anyways, I though I'd share my most recent list:
Top Ten Movies You May Have Overlooked:

10. Martian Child

9. Outsourced- I originally saw this film at the Bend Film Fest. Original post
here.

8. The Namesake

7. Year of the Dog

6. Rocket Science

5. Mozart and the Whale

4. In America

3. Death at a Funeral

2. Lars and the Real Girl- Trevor's blog is no longer
functioning so I couldn't find a link, but I'm pretty sure this was his favorite film of 2007.

1. The Station Agent-
Original post about this film
here.
5 comments:
"Why have I not signed up for it sooner?"
I constantly ask everyone I know why they haven't signed up. Especially with all the instant choices! I'm on the 1 DVD-at-a-time plan (because I'm unemployed and can't afford the 3 at-a-time plan anymore) and I get to watch all the instant movies I want, plus eight mail in DVDs a month for $9 freaking dollars a month. How can people see that and think that it's not worth it?!
I too just signed up for Netflix! I'm super excited because they have such a better selection of movies than Blockbuster. Thanks for reminding me of a couple movies I need to see. Oh and Lars and the Real Girl, In America, and Station Agent, are all amazing. I haven't seen any of the others, but they are now on my Que, thanks:)
Andrew, I'm looking forward to hear which movies of the rest of the seven resonated with you. Be sure to let me know!
Also, shoot me an e-mail with your e-mail so that I can request you as a Netflix friend. My cousin (the commentor above you) and Adam are both my friends and its fun to see what they are queueing and whatnot.
The Station Agent is fantastic. I think that In America is not as overlooked as you may think. Year of the Dog was interesting. I really enjoy Mike White as a filmmaker, and Molly Shannon has some untapped talent. You've inspired me. I think I may make my own list.
i loved the namesake. when i was done watching it i got all worked up about kal penns other film choices.
Post a Comment