You can find a list of all the movies that were nominated and their categories here.
For each of the major categories I will share three things:
1.) My choice, regardless if it was nominated or not
2.) My choice out of the nominations
3.) My prediction of who the academy will choose
Actor in a Leading Role
1.) Clint Eastwood, Gran Torino
2.) Richard Jenkins, The Visitor
3.) Sean Penn, Milk
Actor in a Supporting Role
1.) Eddie Marsan, Happy-Go-Lucky
2.) Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
3.) Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Actress in a Leading Role
1.) Sally Hopkins, Happy-Go-Lucky
2.) Meryl Streep, Doubt
3.) Meryl Streep, Doubt
Actress in a Supporting Role
1.) Freida Pinto, Slumdog Millionaire
2.) Marisa Tomei, The Wrestler
3.) Marisa Tomei, The Wrestler
Animated Feature Short
1.) WALL-E
2.) WALL-E
3.) WALL-E
Directing
1.) Clint Eastwood, Gran Torino
2.) Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
3.) Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Documentary Feature
1.) Fuel
2.) Man on Wire
3.) Man on Wire
Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
1.) Slumdong Millionaire
2.) Slumdong Millionaire
3.) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Writing (Original Screenplay)
1.) Gran Torino
2.) Happy-Go-Lucky
3.) WALL-E
Best Picture
1.) Gran Torino
2.) Slumdog Millionaire
3.) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


3 comments:
Do you really think Gran Turino was that great? I don't think it was that bad, but it wasn't great. I do however think that Richard Jenkins did an amazing job in The Visitor, that film was all sorts of phenomenal. I haven't finished MILK yet, but Sean Penn is great, as well as the rest of the cast. Although I do Brad Pitt is a great actor, he better not win Best Actor, cuz the others were far more compelling.
Yeah, I LOVED Gran Tornio. I'm trying my best not to build it up too much for people, but I thought it was unbelievably amazing. So, yes, I liked it.
I guess that I just feel that Gran Torino was too predictable. Then there were also production vans and trailers in some shoots. Not to mention after he picks up the girl and he is driving while almost never looking at the road, cuz they were obviously talking while riding on a trailer. Mr. Eastwood's character also seemed so forced at times. These things are what make me feel that The Vistor is a far superior film. Richard Jenkins was brilliant, and so was the supporting cast, unlike Gran Torino. There were only two cast members who were in the film for 4 sec. that sucked(passing the assimilated friend and his white girlfriend on the street). This movie felt like it was leading me on a path as opposed to me jumping ahead a few plot lines. I mean don't get me wrong, I think Clint is brilliant, and did good, it just lacked that certain uumf. Sorry to write a blog in your blog. Peace out homeskillet.
Post a Comment