
After reading that the Coen Bros will be doing their own adaption of the book True Grit, who's original won John Wayne his only Oscer in 1970, I wanted to read the novel it was based on. I've never seen the '69 version that also stars Glen Cambell, Robert Duvall, and Dennis Harper, but after reading the book I'm anxious to do so.
The book is a basic adventure story based around revenage. The book's narrator, Mattie Ross, is a 14-year old spitfire who wants revenge on her father's cold blooded killer. She hires the help of the trigger-happy marshall Rooster Cogburn they both join up with another lawman who is searching for the killer to claim a bounty on him from a previous murder.
While the book isn't ground breaking, its a page-turning story and a good read. I'm anxious to see what the Coen Bros do with this story.


No comments:
Post a Comment