Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conan O'Brien on Tim Russert's passing

So, I found out about Tim Russert's passing like 4 hours after he died. It was a sureal moment, because Russert is a journalist that I have watched frequently for a long time. I can still remember watching the 2000 Ralph Nader interview on "Meet the Press" that helped me decide to vote for a third party in the 2000 election. He always seemed like a very likable person, but he also was a hard ass who wouldn't let politicians off the hook. I loved that every time a politician fed a "canned" line to him, he slap 'em with a well prepared clip that made the politician really have to answer the question. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Today I leave you with a great tribute to Russert done by the hilarious Connan. I had this episode on TiVo and watched with delight as Connan payed great (non-cheesy or fake) respects to a colleague and friend, while still being funny.

1 comment:

bpddjeoomon said...

I read somewhere that they're going to have to hire 12 people to do all of Russert's jobs, because that's just how amazing he was.