Tuesday, June 10, 2008

For Real?!?


I was appalled when I read Trevor's post about a Fox News reporter suggesting that "we'd be so lucky" if Obama was assassinated. Then today, I read this. I mean good G-d, they are trying so freaking hard to instill fear in people when it comes to Obama. Calling a celebratory fist bump with Obama's wife a "terrorist fist jab" is just absurd.

I am currently reading Amy and David Goodman's book called "Static: Government Liars, Media Cheerleaders, and the People Who Fight Back" which talks a lot about the media and its out-of-control, unethical, and illegal (in some cases) policies that are influencing the American public. It is a great read and one I highly recommend to people. The media is gone completely insane and its time that we educate ourselves regarding it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's madness...

Journalism is a dying career path...so glad i chose it as my major.

The best way to tell the mainstream media we don't approve of what they're doing is to boycott their sponsors. They won't change their behavior until the money gets pulled.

Robin Krill said...

I wrote my undergraduate thesis on how media effected the outcome of the Vietnam War. It was incredibly eye opening and hugely frustrating. I never realized how much influence the media had until I started researching.

Anonymous said...

I don't see what the big deal is...I've been terrorist fist jabbin' since the 6th grade.

I agree though. So ridiculous.

~CP (lurkin!)