So I just got home from an awesome evening. The wife and my mother-in-law were going shopping, so I hopped on my bike and and ran a couple errands (the bank and post office) before hitting up McKay Park. The ride was fairly easy and nice. Once I got to the river, I sat and talked to Mark for a while on the phone, read a little "Standing Up to the Madness" by Amy and David Goodman (read excerpt below) and went for a refreshing swim in the river. While swimming, I saw an former student of mine who is going to be a sophomore next year. We had an awesome (and somewhat intense) conversation about a wide range of things. It was pretty amazing.
All in all, I'd say that was a pretty good way to spend a couple hours.
While reading the Goodman's newest book (discussion of their older book, "Static," coming tomorrow) I was shocked by something: I new that many high ups in the current administration have had ties to oil, but did you know this:
"George W. Bush is a failed oil man. Dick Cheney is the former CEO of Halliburton, the world's largest oil services company. Andrew Card, Bush's former chief of staff, had previously been chief lobbyist for General Motors, where he spearheaded effores to derail stricter fuel efficiency standards for cars. Secretary Condoleezza Rice served on the board of Chevron for a decade. She has the distinction of being the only cabinet member to have had an oil tanker named after her."
And they keep trying to tell us that global warming is a none issue... conflict of interest much?
*** My Dad wanted some sources to these claims, so after about three minutes of googleing, I added some links that backup what is being said. Just in case you were wondering. Love you Dad!
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


1 comment:
I liked that book the first time when it was called "The first 5 minutes of Fahrenheit 9/11"
Post a Comment