Ultrasound picture of our baby.The round thing on the left is the head, and you can see little arm buds on each side and its little body!
Yes! Me and Carrie are officially preggo! Carrie is now 14 weeks along and doing great. She hasn't gotten morning sickness at all, but does get nausea sometimes and is more sleepy than usual. Our current due date is December 23rd (X-mas baby!) and we are really excited about it.
Right now Carrie is doing her best to eat healthy, continue to exercise, and generally take care of her body so that our baby can grow and mature. Its wild to think about that our baby may already be sucking its thumb, is about 3 inches long, and weights so little that it could be mailed with only one stamp (1.5 ounces)! Here is a link to week by week baby developments with pictures.
Oh my gosh, I'm going to be a dad! Its still totally surreal but totally amazing. I have been so humbled by this experience. I can't wait for Carrie to start showing so that we can feel the baby kick and whatnot. The old saying is that a mother becomes a mother at conception and a father becomes a father at birth. I can see that being (somewhat) true, because it sorta feels like I am on the sidelines right now. Not having the baby growing inside me and not yet being able to see the baby grow inside Carrie can be a little weird. However, we are garage saling for baby stuff, always talking about names (we aren't sharing names until the birth), and constantly daydreaming about what it is going to be like to have an addition to our family, so that is fun. I simply can't wait. About two weeks ago we had our first ultrasound and it was simply amazing. To see our baby move inside Carrie was unreal. The baby is already taking after its dad, because as soon as we saw it on the screen we could tell it was moving around constantly. It looked as though it was doing the robot! It was so freaking cool. It also takes after its dad in that it has a HUGE head. We'll find out in August what the sex is.
A little aside, I'd like to take a moment and publicly tell you guys that I have the most amazing wife in the world. First, she puts up with me, which is no small thing. She is so smart, fun to be around, kind, compassionate, and witty. She will be the best mom in the world. I am so happy to have married her and now start a family with her. I am truly, truly blessed.


7 comments:
Because i already congratulated you personally, i can afford to be an idiot in the comments...
You saying that you felt like you were on the sidelines of this process reminded me of Peter coming home from femme camp and trying to breast feed Stewie...
Tell me you didn't laugh.
Congrats man! I'm not really all that versed in the baby business, so I have an important question... You can still drink when you're in Phoenix, right?
I am one happy Grandma...MiMi!!
xoxo
Hi! I was searching for others due in December and came across you! Congrats on your wonderful news. I'm due Dec 23rd!
oh we are soo excited for you guys!!! so glad carrie is feeling good!
congratulations! this is really exciting!
I was wondering how long it was going to take before you posted about this..
Anyway, I think it's fair to say that you're going to be a great father, especially because you had such a great example of one.
Congrats to both of you.
Post a Comment