Friday, June 27, 2008

Have You Heard This Guy?

I really hesitate to make another post today (because I'd love to keep the conversation going from today's earlier post... so read that one too if you haven't already) but I just had to post about this from Zach Lind, drummer of Jimmy Eat World, Mennonite, and a damn good blogger and thinker.


Driscoll, wearing not the manliest of shirts... but, hey, at least its not Minnie!



Watching this video simply makes me laugh so freaking hard. Because I am not anywhere near a manly man, I am less of a Christian? Or I can't identify with Paul or David or John the Baptist? As Zach points out, David is pretty much one of the biggest girly men in the Bible and some even question if he was fully straight. Now, I'm not going to make the leap to say that I am sure that David was bisexual, but Zach brings up a pretty good point that its not very manly to love another man (even just in friendship). But I digress.

The point here is that it is simply absurd for Driscoll to imply that the Church isn't manly enough for real mean. I can't help but laugh at the chauvinistic tone of his comments and be proud that I am comfortable enough in my manhood to know that I don't have to act like a manly man.

As an aside, its wild to think that Driscoll and I have similar collegiate backgrounds. Who do think has strayed more from their college's teachings... me or him?

1 comment:

shells said...

im so pissed i dont have a comment.