WatchFirst off, I have an excuse: being as Carrie and I have to wake up at least once in the middle of the night to feed Cash, we've been flipping through the channels at like 2:30 am for the past seven weeks. Let me be the first to tell you, there is pretty much nothing on basic cable at that god-forsaken hour. Thankfully, we stumbled upon this pretty funny show on E! (Yes, the E! network.) The show is called Chelsea Lately and it basically features this chick Chelsea and a "round table" of D-list comedians making fun of the day's entertainment news. While its not the funniest show I've ever seen (and its sure as hell not the most sophisticated), it is the best thing on at 2:30am. We've gotten kinda into it and as long as Cash is on his routine, we've been watching it almost every night. So set your TiVo's and let me know what you think.
ReadI saw the previews for this movie and thought it looked pretty cool, but when I saw that it was "based on the award-winning Portuguese novel" I knew I couldn't see the movie without having read the book first. I'm about a half way through and I'm riveted. Its really good.
ListenI got a leaked copy of the new Beirut double EP called "March of the Zapotec/Holland EP" and I've been spinning it quite a bit now. Basically, its two totally different EPs by Zach Condon (the musical force behind Beirut); the first one, March of the Zapotec being more like the Beirut we're used to, complete with marching band style instrumentation, while Holland shows of the electronic stylings of Condon's past. Its two totally unique and interesting records and I'd highly recommend you check them out.


3 comments:
Chelsea Lately is great. She acts like she accidentally has a TV show...kills me. Her book is funny too. "Hello Vodka? It's me Chelsea"
i was on the Chelsea lately feeding schedule too. i think i watched it for several months during thatch's feedings too...
I'm so happy to see that others like Chelsea Lately. I was afraid I might be on an island on that one.
Post a Comment